Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to School

Caleb began his first days of Ecuadorian preschool this week at the school our Nazarene church runs.  Though everything is taught in Spanish he does have several other 'gringo' neighbors attending with him, so he shouldn't be too lost.  So far he's enjoyed his days there and looks forward to going each morning.  My friend, Amy, and I had to laugh when we went to the first day's meeting and they stressed that the students had to be there by 8:00am sharp...the main teacher didn't get there until 8:25am that morning and when we arrived at 8:00am for the meeting as we were told to, the church was still locked.  That's Ecuador time for you.  At least the other mornings someone has been there to greet our children at 8:00.

I also headed back to school this week for a few days.  Sadly one our Nate Saint Memorial School teachers was in an accident in the states and hasn't been able to make it back for the first few days of teaching.  (Ms. Mueser should make it to Shell on Friday, but please remember her in prayer as she has a broken bone in her neck.) Today was my first day in the classroom after a long time away.  I was pretty nervous to get back in and teach again, especially since I don't know Ms. Muesers normal routine, but the Lord helped the day go very smoothly, and I really enjoyed myself.  I had the chance to work with all the grades (1st through 8th) and get to know the missionary kids a little better.  Thankfully Amy watched my little ones while I was gone.  I'm sure she had her hands more full than I did since she had four kids under three years to keep an eye on this morning.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Kristina! I'm proud of you...always ready to jump back in. So, you say you're pregnant, then I want to see a baby bump picture soon. :-)

    Caleb we are so excited for you, a growing school boy! Next time we come visit, would it be okay if Dalton joined you for class?

    ReplyDelete