Sunday, September 27, 2009

An Attempt to Run

Friday morning I woke up early to try out a little running.  It's more difficult to run here than it will be in Shell since the compound is in the midst of the city on a busy road, and as a female I can't run by myself.  We're situated on a hill so I deciced I'd attempt to run up and down the hill in the compound ten times.  Though I succeeded in meeting my goal it was a challenge.  My legs were fine, but my lungs were dying.  Running at a 9500 foot altitude in a city that can get a bit smoggy is not an easy thing for someone who's used to the low altitude, clean air of Idaho.  It reminded me of the book "Hinds Feet on High Places".   As we draw nearer to God in the "high places" our "run" of life doesn't necessarily get easier, but often more difficult.  However, if we continue to "run" with Him in those high places we get stronger.  We want to run in such a way as to earn the prize Paul wrote about.  Just as many Kenyans are great runners because they train at high altitudes, we as Christians need to "train" at high altitudes with God, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment