Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Day in the Life...

We're well settled into our home in Shell and are establishing our routines.  There are new things we're getting used to every day (like the 'pet' tarantula we have outside our bedroom window that makes an appearance every night) and some things that are already seeming part of normal life (like walking to fours different stores to buy: bread, vegetables, meat, and diapers).  Caleb loves his new missionary friends....

 And the strange bugs we find outside....



And now that Jael is walking she loves to sneak out the screen doors if I don't lock them and pick all the beautiful jungle flowers we have growing in our yard.



I'm learning to live a more quiet life and though at times I wouldn't mind jumping in the car and heading to Target or Costco, God is teaching me to pray in the midst of my day and enjoy the many things that in the states I seemed to rushed to notice... how the birds sing right after a rainstorm...how funny it is when my children are cover in mud (and that it's not just a mess to clean up) ... what fun a swing can be.

Take time to enjoy Him and His creation today.

1 comment:

  1. What a great reminder Christina. Umm, tarantulas? Not sure how I would handle that one. Glad you guys are getting settled in and enjoying life in Shell. I can't believe how big Jael is! Last weekend I went to Tenwek and hung out with all the PRP-ers there. I sure wish we could get our whole group together! Anyways, praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete