Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Morete Cocha

Last week I took another quick jungle trip, this time to the Quichua community of Morete Cocha. Just a 25-minute flight from Shell (or a two-day walk if you prefer), this community was a bit bigger and a bit more spread out than the others that I have visited. Highlights of the trip included:

1. I was accompanied by one of our family medicine residents, Dr. Edgardo Noriega, who originally came to Ecuador as a missionary as well. He helped to plant a church in the highlands, and has been in Ecuador for about eight years. Edgardo has a passion for preaching the Gospel, and it was great for us to spend time together and be mutually encouraged. Missionaries don't just come from the USA or Europe!
Dr. Noriega with a patient

2. My dad would have been really proud of me, as I drained a dental abscess. Unfortunately I didn't have any equipment for pulling teeth, so perhaps the source of the problem remains. Maybe we can return to that community with my dad the next time!

My happy dental patient
 3. We shared several meals with some Bible students from Quito.  They were going to spend three weeks in that community, and they've been working in various places in the jungle serving in the name of Jesus.
Amigos working in the Jungle
4. We didn't get bitten by any poisonous snakes!
Waiting to be examined
Jael sends you her love and kisses

2 comments:

  1. So happy you are in the center of God's Will! Am enjoying your blog and yes, we do miss you too! Butch & Anne Mazza at Ustick Road Church. Butch is retired now and spends time with our rabbits and doing home chores. God is so good! Merry Christmas to you all! To Him be all praise!
    In Christ, The Mazza's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to post something yesterday but I'm not finding it today so I'm wondering if this grandpa truly knows how to manipulate the technology! It is so good to read up on your latest news. I trust Christina is doing well. I know her folks are coming and hopefully are there by now. God bless you as you go into the addition of a new family member. All of our kids and grandkids will be coming to our home for a week arriving on Christmas day. I look forward to that and Kathy does too except for all the dishes. I think that will be mostly my job! I pray for you each day--please know that. I love and respect you for all you are doing. Our love to you. Earnie

    ReplyDelete